Hi

Hopefully this is still within the Nox domain. I have a python application
that is using sockets to send out flows that I have obtained from a
flow_stats_in_event to an application external of Nox. This is how I’m doing
it

self.sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)

self.sock.connect(("",5000))

self.sock.send(repr(flows))

self.sock.close()

Unfortunately I can only send the flows once before the sockets close after
which I get the errors below

self.sock.send(repr(flows))

  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 167, in _dummy

    raise error(EBADF, 'Bad file descriptor')

error: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

It’s obviously as a result of trying to send information out on a socket
that’s been closed. I have tried to look at asyncore and see if I can have
an asynchronous socket but haven’t had any luck and my application’s seems
to lock/freeze the few times I have tried. Is there a way I can have the
socket remain connected so I can have flows sent constantly and also be able
to receive data when sent from the external application. I would like a
demonstration as well if it’s possible.

Thanks

Chris