hi,

I am trying to re-write IP header in pyswitch using the following code
below

/* obtain ip header and packet for the incoming packet*.

if packet.type == ethernet.IP_TYPE:
       iph = packet.find('ipv4')

/* if there is a incoming packet in port 1, rewrite the header to have
destination ip address to "X.X.X.X" */

     if(inport  ==1 ):
            iph.dstip = convert_to_ipaddr("X.X.X.X")
            replypkt =ethernet()
            replypkt.set_payload(iph)
            replypkt.type = ethernet.IP_TYPE
            replypkt.src  = octstr_to_array("00:00:00:00:00:0b")
            replypkt.dst  = octstr_to_array("00:00:00:00:00:0d")
            outport=3
            inst.send_openflow_packet(dpid,replypkt.tostring(),outport)
            print "Information in the outgoing packet"
            ip_packet = replypkt.find('ipv4')
            print ip_packet
            print ip_packet.srcip
            print ip_packet.dstip

I extract the ip, change the dstip in ip header to X.X.X.X. A ethernet
packet is created which will carry this IP in its payload.
I try to perform a simple TCP connection.

Using wireshark I am able to see a TCP syn packet arriving at port 3. A
host whose IP is X.X.X.X attached to port 3 with ethernet address
"00:00:00:00:00:0d" is also able to receive it. I am able to observe this
using  tcpdump. But the host on port 3 is not generating a syn +ack packet