It looks like either the socket was left open from an ungraceful shutdown
last time you ran NOX, or another application happens to be using the port
that jsonmessenger is trying to use.  If I recall, that would be port 2703.

If you run "lsof -i | grep 2703" you should be able to see which application
is using that port. If it is a zombie NOX (or some other program you don't
care about) you can kill it and try rerunning.

Alternatively (if a program you care about is using 2703), you can try to
make jsonmessenger use another different port.
I think the command for that would be "jsonmessenger=tcpport=<portnumber>"