Hi,

I imagined that the steps were like you mentioned... well,

Firstly, s3 send packet_in to c0, and another moment s2 send packet_in
to s3that send to
c0...
Well, as you mentioned earlier, I need to set initial flow entries, that is,
I think that is the flow from s2 to s3
  ,.. one time initiated the topology, like the linear topology, the initial
flow entries should be installed, I think..
  so that initial flow entries must be configured in the topology script? or
maybe from CLI via dpctl?

thank you,

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:31, Kyriakos Zarifis <kyr.zari...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, that is possible. This is where in-band vs out-of-band control comes
> to play: If the physical topology looks exactly like what you described then
> control of sw1 can only been done in-band (meaning, the control packets are
> using the same links as the data packets). In order for that to be possible,
> there need to be some initial flow entries in the intermediate switches to
> allow a remote switch to connect to the controller. I don't think there is a
> standardized way to set up in-band control, but I am guessing a simple
> version would be something like:
>
> - s3 connects to c0

- the controller receives packet_in from s3, which originated in s2 while it
> tried to connect

- c0 sets a flow on s3 that allows traffic from s2 to reach it

- at this point s2 and s3 are connected to the controller