Hi Guys,

I was planning on posting a new update this morning but I ran into an odd
thing that nobody had ever reported. The problem was with whitelisting and
alias accounts.

Here is the basic scenario...

The regular mail account I use is [EMAIL PROTECTED] The Official Host Name
is "mail.solidoak.com" and the hist aliases are "solidoak.com" and
"cybersitter.com".

Ok, so I also have several mail box aliases defined as well, like
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], etc. that are all delivered to my
official mailbox "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".

Now, if I get a mail addressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and it is
identified as spam then a rejection notice is sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Oh-oh, that mail came from some ISP in Hong Kong and they want to buy 5000
copies of CYBERsitter (it's happened!).

So I send back the rejection letter and I put an [x] so this person
whitelisted.

The problem is that the whitelist entry is created in the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
whitelist file. The next time I get a message from this guy to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], it is rejected again.

The upshot of all this is that we are going to have to maintain whitelists by
official mailbox name. That way domain aliases and account aliases do not
require separate whitelist files.

I have made the necessary changes and am testing it today and will test it
over the weekend. I have also made the necessary accommodations so that your
current user whitelists will still be valid. Any new entries will be added to
the whitelist for the official mailbox name.

Also, the remote administration program is basically finished. It allows full
administration locally, via a network share, or remotely via FTP.

You can view and analyze logs for any date, edit whitelists and blacklists,
edit the noxmail.nox file, etc. A bunch of "right click" context sensitive
helpers have been built in. For instance, right click on a users email address
and you can open and edit their whitelists or blacklists. Right click on a
"held" file name and you can open up and edit the file. You can also remotely
"deliver" any held message to the user with just a couple of mouse clicks if
you feel it was held incorrectly.

One other change available in the next version is a TRASH directory. If you
want to delete messages, but not REALLY delete them, you can optionally have
them sent to the "trash". The user is never notified. A new command line
utility called NoXEmpty.exe will empty your trash for you after xx days. This
will help when you are uncomfortable about just deleting messages and maybe
want to keep them for 4 or 5 days just to be safe.

Ok, time for me to go back to work!

Brian

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Solid Oak Software]

Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/nox-list%40mail.noxmail.com/
Removal address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]