-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Brian Milburn
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 8:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [NoXMail] URGENT, Can not load pattern file.

Hi John, No-X-Mail waits for 5 seconds if a pattern file update is in
progress. The *.pa_ are temporary files that, if they exist, indicate a
pattern file transfer is in progress. If the 5 seconds go by and the update
was NOT completed, then the program aborts. This was what I had to do to fix
the 100% CPU problem.

The pattern file update program uses the HTTP protocol to retrieve the files
from our server. On occasion, I have seen situations where for one reason or
another, the file transfer goes at an extremely slow rate. Fast enough so it
doesn't trigger a timeout, but a small file can take many minutes to
download.
This may have nothing at all to do with any of the No-X-Mail programs. It
may
have been a bottleneck somewhere at a single point in time, it may have been
our server, it could have been any number of things.

One thing I would suggest is to set the scheduled task to terminate if it
runs
longer than 2 minutes.

Brian

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Solid Oak Software]

Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/nox-list%40mail.noxmail.com/
Removal address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]