On 31/01/2011, at 3:14 AM, Deng Ching wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Josimpson Ocaba <joc...@maestrodev.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi Deng,
>>
>> Below is the rough draft for the IP Clearance. I based it from here
>> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html
>>
>> Thanks for reviewing it!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> ============================================================================================================================
>>
>> NPanday Codebase Intellectual Property (IP) Clearance Status
>> Description
>>
>> NPanday allows projects using the .NET framework to be built with Apache
>> Maven. NPanday allows .NET projects to be converted into Maven projects thus
>> allowing them to fully utilize the other technologies driven by Maven.
>>
>> Project info
>>
>>     * Which PMC will be responsible for the code: NPanday

Should be Incubator

>>     * Into which existing project/module: NPanday (incubating as of
>> 8/13/2010)
>>
>>     * Officer or member managing donation: Maria Odea Ching
>>
>> Completed tasks are shown by the completion date (YYYY-MM-dd).
>> Identify the codebase
>> date     item
>> 2010-08-01     npanday.codeplex.com

There were also revisions from Maestro's version control between ASF & getting
it into Codeplex.

I'd say refer to the dumps on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2941
and their checksums.

>> MD5 or SHA1 sum for donated software: (Note versioned software used to
>> calculate sum in parentheses).
>>
>> Copyright
>> date     item
>> 2011-01-12    Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to
>> the ASF been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the
>> package, the core code, and any new code produced by the project.
>> 2011-01-12     Check and make sure that the files that have been donated
>> have been updated to reflect the new ASF copyright.

Need to adjust the date on this when it's done.

>> Identify name recorded for software grant: the name of the grant as record
>> in the grants.txt document so that the grant can be easily identified
>> Verify distribution rights
>>
>> Corporations and individuals holding existing distribution rights:
>>
>>     * Codeplex
>
> I can't find the software grant for Codeplex in grants.txt or
> cclas.txt. Do you recall when this was sent and was there an
> acknowledgment from the secretary?

I need to do this, sorry for the delay.

>> date     item
>> 2011-01-12     Check that all active committers have a signed CLA on record.
>
> Verified this. I found everyone's iCLAs in iclas.txt. Only the
> CCLA/software grant is missing.
>
>> 2011-01-12    Remind active committers that they are responsible for
>> ensuring that a Corporate CLA is recorded if such is required to authorize
>> their contributions under their individual CLA.
>> 2011-01-12     Check and make sure that for all items included with the
>> distribution that is not under the Apache license, we have the right to
>> combine with Apache-licensed code and redistribute.
>> 2011-01-12     Check and make sure that all items depended upon by the
>> project is covered by one or more of the following approved licenses:
>> Apache, BSD, Artistic, MIT/X, MIT/W3C, MPL 1.1, or something with
>> essentially the same terms.
>>
>> Generally, the result of checking off these items will be a Software Grant,
>> CLA, and Corporate CLA for ASF licensed code, which must have no
>> dependencies upon items whose licenses that are incompatible with the Apache
>> License.
>>
>> Organizational acceptance of responsibility for the project
>>
>> Related VOTEs:
>>
>>     * The VOTE thread accepting the donation may happen either before or
>> after IP clearance. Adoption by lazy concensus is acceptable but not
>> recommended.
>>

> Thanks,
> Deng

Deng, can you put this into the incubator site as a starting point? We can
check off the last couple when appropriate.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
br...@apache.org