Am 09.05.11 05:00, schrieb Eric Kolotyluk:
OK, I added

<dependency>
<groupId>log4net</groupId>
<artifactId>log4net</artifactId>
<version>1.2.10.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<name>Log for .Net</name>
</dependency>
Just interested: Where is this dependency located? Do we have it uploaded somewhere? Did you build and upload it somewhere?

to my POM, but if I try to do a build I get

   Error in Starting Maven Process: Value cannot be null.
   Parameter name: path1
Could you provide a stack trace?

I still cannot believe how hard this is to get working.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should try next.

Cheers, Eric

On 2011-05-08 7:32 PM, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:
Please see below...

On 2011-05-08 7:22 PM, Adelita Padilla wrote:

Hi Eric,

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com <mailto:eric.koloty...@gmail.com>> wrote:

OK, there was no settings.xml in my ~/.m2 so I added the default one.

    I have been using Maven and m2e for months never needing to do
    that, so I don't understand why NPanday needs it there? I would
    consider that a bug.

    Now when I try to add an artifact it complains

    How am I supposed to know where that is?

You can add that dependency by configuring the remote repository. Here's the documentation for that -> http://incubator.apache.org/npanday/docs/1.4.0-incubating/guide/vs/configureRepository.html

Yes, I found that page already, but it does not give me a URL for any remote repositories. How am I supposed to know where they are?

For example, how am I supposed to know how to find log4net?

    I've been struggling with NPanday for hours just because I want
    to try to add a dependency to log4net, and I still cannot see any
    light at the end of the tunnel.

    It is so much easier to use the Sonatype plugin for Eclipse.

    By the way, the file
    npanday-repository-builder-1.4.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz had no
npanday directory in it, so I'm using the one from the 1.3.1 release.

The npanday directory is located in /repository/releases/org/apache/npanday.

Ahhhh, that's different than 1.3.1. Thanks.

    Cheers, Eric