Mont Rothstein wrote:
> In creating the test app I found the problem.  I'm not sure if it is a
> bug or not.
>
> I have been using GetInt64().  In Postgres this equates to a bigint, but
> I defined my columns as integer.  The reader fails on the conversion
> from Int32 to Int64.  I hadn't hit this before because Sqlite is very
> permissive and dynamically adjusts the size of ints stored.
>
> Obviously Int32->Int64 is a non-lossy conversion so it could be done
> automatically, but I don't know what is considered correct with respect
> to ADO.NET <http://ADO.NET>.

Npgsql doesn't do any automatic conversion. We did the same SqlClient
for sql server do as specified in msdn docs.

> I can't remember why I used GetInt64() instead of GetInt32(), so I have
> to go back into my code to see if something necessitated that or not.
>
> If for some reason you would still like my test app let me know and I
> will send it.

When you changed your getint method, did it work?

If so, there is no need to send me the test app. If not, please, send me
so I can give it a try.

About your conversion, in this specific case, you just need to add an
cast: (Int64) GetInt32() and it will work.

I hope it helps.

- --
Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.