What if you don't specify a username either?  I'm not seeing an option for
authentication type on the manual page...

http://npgsql.projects.postgresql.org/docs/manual/UserManual.htm

--
Michael J. Ryan - tracker1(at)theroughnecks(dot)com - www.theroughnecks.net
icq: 4935386  -  AIM/AOL: azTracker1  -  Y!: azTracker1  -  MSN/Win: (email)

... Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #249:  Respect other culture's beliefs;
they'll be more likely to give you money