<Moderator: I posted this on my blog today... -Derek>

$312.01...

For the uninitiated I will get you up to speed. Prince's website NPGMC
announced that Prince was doing 2 shows Memorial Day weekend for $312.01 each
show. This announcement immediate created a tremendous backlash amongst his
fans.

So I have been thinkin' about this $312.01 ticket price thing. Is this the
future or just a one time thing?

HOPEFULLY it’s a one time thing. One fan reported that the venue they are
using is VERY expense! I have question why they choose this venue?

Because it’s "Envogue"? and Prince request to there...

....Maybe it was the only one they could get at short notice? Which has
happened in the past...

Maybe nobody made a real effort to find a cheaper venue...

Could be all of the above...

I have to ask...

Where is the consideration when it comes to the fans? That is what bothers
me.
On many occasions cost has been the answer for things. $31.21 is a lot of
money
for a t-shirt. Try $12.13. You can sell a lot more in mass that way. Why
can't
they find a cheaper way of doing things?

Value...
Some people argue about value. Prince performances are PRICELESS. Besides the
recent Tamar show [which wasn't a really Prince show anyway] I don't ever
recall walking out of a Prince show dissatisfied. You get what you pay for
always, but it still doesn't justify the high ticket Prices. I never really
understood this argument.

Oh and BLAHBLAHBLAH Madonna's ticket prices! Her fans are outright stupid I
don't want to here it!

The Future
Who knows what is going to happen in the future.  All I know is at that
price,
I personally won't be going to anymore Prince concerts.