I don't watch Award shows anymore, but I did catch this performance on
Youtube this morning. Honestly it wasn't very good. Rihanna's songs were
shoe horned into the Time's sound, the end result.... Not so good :-P

The only time I have seen this work was in Janet Jackson "Control" video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4EleKwkt_fU. Why did this work? Well obvious
it was 1980s and Terry and Jimmy were still using that sound. They have
since moved on from it and it shows in Rihanna's music.

This was awful! No wonder Morris was annoyed. I don't think he was in
character for this interview. I would be angry too if my career revolved
around 1 character I do really well and can't make real money off of.
It's even worst to have to play 2nd fiddle to a some talentless chick
that hit song is about her stupid umbrella...

Derek
WwW.NpNy.Org

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Http://www.thebumpsquad.com
Check out Morris jokingly(?) comments about Prince plus they mention new
album n tour (Been hearing bout a new album 4 who knows how long now:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1581294/20080210/rihanna.jhtml

Morris Day and Rihanna perform at the Grammy Awards on Sunday night
Photo: Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Feb 10 2008 10:19 PM EST

Grammys Behind The Scenes: The Time's Morris Day Talks Up Rihanna, Says
Kanye West Isn't 'Cool'
'I think [Rihanna's] a sexy young lady,' Day says. 'I have kids as old as
her.'
By Jem Aswad, with reporting by James Montgomery and Shaheem Reid

LOS ANGELES — As the Grammy Awards progressed on Sunday night (February
10),
one man was making headlines of his own backstage: the Time's Morris Day.

The frontman/lothario, who duetted with Rihanna early in the show, said of
the singer: "I think she's a sexy young lady. I have kids as old as her ...
But I enjoyed it. That did not stop me from noticing."

He had a less flattering — although sympathetic — comment about her onstage
pouting: "When the groove hits you, you get ugly for a minute. It's like
you
broke wind. "

Since the Time are noted for their cool ("Cool" is also the name of one of
their best songs), he talked about how some of today's artists measure up.

"I don't see Kanye as being cool — very talented, but not cool."

Chris Brown? "He's very hyper, but talented. Give him about 10 years and
we'll see. There are some cool people out there. I think Snoop is cool.
Puffy's cool. It's embodiment — it's gotta be in you. I'm so cool that even
when I'm sweating, it's a cold sweat."

After noting how impressed he was with his own group's performance, Day
continued: "I don't know if you were able to watch [our set] because you
were too busy eating sandwiches and potato chips, but we had a good time,"
he told reporters with a laugh. "I still do the dance moves every day, I
just happened to do it on the Grammy stage tonight."

When asked if he spoke with longtime friend and foil Prince backstage, Day
answered, "I asked him, 'How's the family?' ... He didn't say nothing."
(Day
and Prince are old friends and rivals — Day split from Prince's camp not
long after the blockbuster success of 1984's "Purple Rain," but reunited
for
1990's "Graffiti Bridge" and the Time has opened for Prince at several
shows
in recent years.)

Asked if he was going to kick it with Prince backstage, he replied: "Am I
interested in kicking him backstage?"

Day also said the Time have a new album done and plan to tour. "That was
fun. Where's the sandwich boxes?" he said before leaving the media room.