There's now an update posted:

*Update:  *Things may have changed in a matter of a few hours yesterday and
the Friday date *may* be wrong now with that change, but both events
previously discussed, i.e. a book release party and an afterparty for fans
will be happening at this time.  Make no mistake, when our NY contact
advised of us of a performance on Friday, it was true at the time and posted
in good faith.  The number one most important thing right now is NY should
be seeing Prince soon.-Dr.FB

I hope that whatever is planned is something that can accommodate more folks
than the Butter gig a few years back.  While I was lucky to snag a ticket
for that show, it'd be cool if the odds of getting to see Prince perform are
better than winning the lottery.  *sigh* Too bad Prince has abandoned the
direct-to-fan internet model.

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 9:49 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Get ready!!!!
> -P
>

> In a message dated 10/5/2008 9:17:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> http://drfunkenberry.wordpress.com/2008/10/05/ny-prince-fans/
>
> NY  Prince Fans
> Posted in Celebrity News, Entertainment, Music with tags  Prince on
October