National Post School Outcome Data Community of Practice

Sept. 10th??

----- Original Message -----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: npsoserv@lists.uoregon.edu <npsoserv@lists.uoregon.edu>
Sent: Mon Sep 29 18:55:52 2008
Subject: [NPSO]: NPSO CoP Wednesday 9-10-08

Happy Fall Everyone~

I want to remind you of our NPSO Community of Practice teleconference next
week, September 10, 2008.

The topic for the call, This Much We Know: Anecdotical Findings from the Data
Collection, stems from a recent conversation with a state who shared some
anecdotes from their data collection effort.

Here are a few examples of the exciting findings shared with us:

One district discovered almost all of their dropouts came from one specific
community in the district. As a result of this finding, the district is
planning to concentrate their dropout prevention efforts in this area.

>From talking with former students, one district learned students were not
>writing checks –as they had been taught in school – but instead needed to know
>how to use the ATM. As a result of this finding, the director of special
>education immediately began the process to modify the curriculum.

And, dropouts are asking about returning to school; turns out, the post-school
follow-up data collection maybe an intervention for getting some dropouts back
in school!

These are the exciting stories behind the data that don’t always make it into
the SPP/APR. We want to hear from you!

What ‘ah ha’s’ have you had as a result of your state’s PSO data collection
efforts?

Join us on the call on Wednesday, September 10th to share your ahha’s and hear
from other states.

We’ll also provide an update on product development.

We hope you can join us for this call!

To join the call, dial 1-888-387-8686. When prompted for a room number, enter
346-5641#. You must enter the # key at the end of the number to enter the call.
The call times are as follows:

8:00-9:00 a.m. HI

10:00-11:00 a.m. AK

11:00-12:00 p.m. PDT

12:00-1:00 p.m. MDT

1:00-2:00 p.m. CDT

2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT

Be in touch!

Charlotte

PS

Attached is a printable notice of the CofP.