FYI: if you have already seen this, please excuse the duplicate.   Jane

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Parkhill, Florence" <fgpar...@uncc.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 13:30:30 -0400
To: <nstta...@listserv.uncc.edu>
Subject: GW HEATH RESOURCE CENTER LAUNCHES NEW MATERIALS & UPDATES FORMAT

*** PLEASE DISTRIBUTE TO YOUR FRIENDS, COLLEAGUES AND NETWORKS ***

  New on The GW HEATH Resource Center!

April 6, 2009

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The George Washington University HEATH Resource Center is pleased to
announce the launch of our updated website: http://www.heath.gwu.edu .. You
will note many changes in how we look and updates to our materials. New to
our reconfigured site is the addition of 14 training modules written for
high school students with disabilities preparing for transition from high
school to college, a module for parents, and a module for college/university
professionals. These 16 modules are accessed by clicking on the "Module
<http://www.heath.gwu.edu/index.php/Modules/> " tab found at the top of our
website. Development of these self-directed modules and our improved website
was supported in part by Lumina Foundation for Education
<http://www.luminafoundation.org/> , an Indianapolis-based, private,
independent foundation dedicated to expanding success in education beyond
high school.

You will continue to find our Guidance Counselor's Toolkit
<http://www.heath.gwu.edu/images/stories/Toolkit.pdf>  vetted by the Office
of Special Education Programs, not only on our landing page put also in its
own dedicated Toolkit tab and in our Resources Tab. The Resources also
include our Seasonal Programs (including our Summer Pre-College Programs
<http://www.heath.gwu.edu/index.php/Main-Pages/Seasonal-Programs.html> ),
FAQs or Frequently Asked Questions
<http://www.heath.gwu.edu/index.php/FAQs/> , Links
<http://www.heath.gwu.edu/index.php/component/option,com_brightweblinks/Item
id,16/> , and File Repository (including our collection of articles in pdf
and PowerPoint presentations).

HEATH continues to provide you updates and information in the fields of
disability, postsecondary education, and career development through our News
and Publications. You will note that we have updated our Archived files to
assure our materials are current and correct.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and encourage your comments on our
new platform and products. Email us at askhe...@gwu.edu and let us know what
you think.

ALL THE BEST!

Donna Martinez, Ed.D.