Greetings colleagues,

We are working with OSEP on an Indicator 14 FAQ re changes in the
Measurement Table and hope to share it at the Secondary Transition Institute
May 12-14, 2009 in Charlotte, NC. We will, of course, share it with this
list as well. Soon after we complete the FAQ, we will revise our Survey
Protocols.

As you know states are not required to report on Indicator 14 for FFY 2008
due February 1, 2010. Options for this year include:
* Collect and report Indicator 14 data this year consistent with the
previous requirements
* Collect and report Indicator 14 data consistent with the new requirements
* Not collect or report the data this year, make needed changes, and start
new data collection for the students leaving school during the 2008-09
school year.

Regardless of what your state chooses, we encourage you to be continue
getting contact information on students leaving school this 2008-2009 school
year and letting these students and families know they will be contacted.
This will be the first cohort for whom you will collect the one year out
data using the new Indicator measure. We encourage you to check, use, and
adapt the Student and Parent Flyers we prepared in collaboration with PACER.
These are on our website at http://www.psocenter.org/data_collection.html

States are asking what others plan to do this year. We would love to hear
from you about what your state is doing! And as always, feel free to contact
us! Jane

Jane Falls, Coordinator
National Post-School Outcomes Center
1268 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1268
541-346-0354
jafa...@uoregon.edu
http://www.psocenter.org

Learn about NPSO products, services and events plus connect other state
experts!
Subscribe to our NPSO list at http://www.psocenter.org/cofp.html#email

<<image.gif>>