Hi Wang,
  to my knowledge, the most accredited definitions for network's
lifetime are:
- the time when the first node is dead
- the time when there is a partition in the network (i.e. the network is
disconnected)

In general, these are the most interesting values when studying for
example energy conservative techniques. Some authors also give times
when a certain percentage of nodes in the network is dead (i.e. 20% or 50%).

I hope that helps.
Regards,
Michele Battelli