Dear all,

In ns-2.29, there is a MAC protocol called MAC/Simple. My Question is if we
can use this protocol in wireless ad-hoc simulation. I tried it in an ad-hoc
scenario with 50 nodes, CBR traffic, combined with different routing
protocol (DSDV, AODV, DSR). The trace file showed no data packet can be
delivered successfully.  Actually, even the route can not be setup. I guess
it is because MAC/Simple can not avoid collision. Am I right?  If it is so,
then MAC/802_11 is the only available MAC protocol in current ns2? Anyone
has experience with MAC/Simple, please help! Thanks.

Kai Bai