You have to make sure the ns binary is in a directory in your shells path, to
find out what directories are in your path you should be able to do 'echo
$PATH' in a terminal. From here you can either add the path to the ns binary
to your current path using either :

1) export PATH="$PATH:/path/to/ns/binary  or
2) set PATH="$PATH:/path/to/ns/binary

or you can simply copy the ns binary into one of the directories listed when
you type 'echo $PATH' (this is my usual way of doing these sort of things, i
tend to use the /usr/local/bin) directory. ie

cp /path/to/ns/binary/ns /usr/local/bin

Hope this helps
Matt

--