Hi all,
  I am facing the problem of speeding up ns-2 simulations. I have my own
agent and I do simulation on wireless networks with up to 600 nodes. I
don't use any routing agent nor I use traffic generators.
Assuming that my agent is internally well optimized, I tried to reduce
the number of "things" that ns-2 does in order to avoid unnecessary
computation. The first thing was to I avoid the use of GOD. Second, I
disabled all the tracing from my Tcl script.
Unfortunately I could not disable the creation of the trace file, i.e.,
I could not get rid of the following lines:

set tracefd  [open wireless-out.tr  w]
$ns_ trace-all $tracefd

without getting an error.

I would like to know 1) if I can totally disable any internal tracing 2)
if there are other things that I can disable to make ns-2 run faster
either in the C part of the simulator or though Tcl script.

Thank you in advance,
Regards
Michele Battelli