A trace file will generally always be like that. A line is put into it
every time a packet moves up or down the stack. If you wish to create a
graph in any reasonable amount of time you must write (or find I
suppose) tools to parse the traces. They are human readable, but don't
be fooled into thinking that you can make direct use of them without
some programmatic help.

-Vietor