  From: Krzysztof Mendyk
  To: Alexander Sayenko
  Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 5:14 PM
  Subject: Re: [ns] SIP patch

  Hi

  Thank you very much for your help. I did everything you wrote me. I also had
to add line

virtual void recv_msg_from_udp_(int nbytes, const char* msg=0){};to app.h.
  But when I try to run ns I have an error and I don't know what to do.

ns:[code omitted because of length]: invalid command name
"Application/Traffic/SipUdp"    while executing"Application/Traffic/SipUdp set
burst_time_ 0           "I f you have t! ime and you know what I did wrong can
you help me please?
  Thanks in advance.
  Chris

  Alexander Sayenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Hi

    I have tried to apply this patch, there are indeed several problems that you
    can solve easily and contribute a new patch for ns-2.29.

    Failed hunks in common/packet.h:

    Basically, everything you need in common/packet.h is PT_SIP (hunk #1m it
    succeeded) and name_[PT_SIP] = "sip"; in class p_info (hunk #2, it has
    failed). Remaining hunks are not necessary, they are just some garbage.

    Failed hunks in Makefile.in:

    Many hunks in Makefile.in has failed, but some of them are also garbage.
    Just add a new line to the list of objects to compile
    sip/sip_udp.o apps/udp_sip \

    Failed hunks in trace/trace.cc:

    It seems that the purpose of those modifications! is just to put more
    information about each packet into the trace file. Nice, but test scripts
    should run without those changes, unless they analyse the trace at the end
    of simulation. Just remove hunks that relate to the trace.cc file

    So, you can take the original patch, remove all the hunks that relate to
    the common/packet.h, Makefile.in, and trace/trace.cc files, then make
    manually changes in the common/packet.h and Makefile.in files as I have
    explained above, try to compile and run. If something goes wrong, you can
    contact me. Unfortunately, I have no time at the moment to do it :-(

    Also, you may be interested in the SIP implementation that is in the
    attachement. I have no idea whether it is a completely different
    implementation or just an older version of SIP you are trying to install in
    NS-2.29.

    Good luck !

    Sincerely,
    Alexander Sayenko (PhD)
    Assistant
    Telecommunication laboratory, MIT department
    University ! of Jyvaskyla, Finland

    > Hi
    > I download SIP patch from
    http://www.tti.unipa.it/~fasciana/patch/patch-ns2_2.26sip-udp_v1.0 This
    patch is for ns-2.26 and I use ns-2.29. I don't know why but I can't install
    ns-2.26 on my computer. I use Mandriva Linux 2006.

    > Does anyone know how to change this patch to be good for my ns-2.29. I
    tried almost everything but I don't know how to add this patch.