Hi Gurus,

    I am a newbie in ns2 and I need to evaluate the energy consumption of AODV.
My plan is to have the nodes send/receive data for a period of time and measure
the energy difference from the beginning to the end.

    Could anyone instruct me how to do this. In detail:

  1) How to set the energy model + initial energy correctly: some of my nodes
are mobile, but I only need to measure the energy for routing/sending/receiving
data. The energy for node movement is simply ignored.

  2) Do I need to enable any options in ns to be able to track the energy.

  3) How to read the energy from the beginning and at the end ?

    Please give me some detailed instructions as I am just a newbie in this
field.

    Thanks a lot for your help.

    Heo

starting at 1¢/min.