hi, Ahmad:

======= 2006-04-03 02:05:24 Ahmad Khayyat wrote: =======

>Hi Bruce,
>
>If you enable AGT and RTR tracing (in node-config command in the tcl
>file), you will see that when a tcp packet is sent out of the RTR layer,
>its size is larger than its size when sent by the AGT layer. This
>reflects the fact that the RTR layer adds some headers that contribute
>to the packet size. The same thing happens when the packet is sent by
>the MAC layer; it gets a little bigger due to MAC headers.
>
>For the inconsistent packet size in the MAC layer between send time and
>recv time, my guess is that the packet size is measured in the receive
>event after removing the MAC headers. You will see that the received
>packet size in the MAC is equal to the packet size sent by RTR, which is
>the size before adding the MAC headers. Having that said, my guess is
>that the packet size reported in the send event is the correct size sent
>out of the MAC layer. In that case, the packet size in the receive event
>is the size that the MAC layer reports to higher layers.

I agree with you. I find that all beacon/ack packets are exactly 7 bytes.
I guess this is a bug of ns2?

And I still cannot apply lossmodel to wpan. I modified
ns-2.29\tcl\ex\wpan\wpan_demo2.tcl this way:

proc seterrmodel { src dst } {
    global ns_ val node_
    set errmodel [new ErrorModel]
    $errmodel set rate_ $val(per)
    $errmodel set unit_ $val(errUnit)
    eval $ns_ lossmodel $errmodel \$node_($src) \$node_($dst)
}

seterrmodel 0 1

I added above code into wpan_demo2.tcl, and got the following traceback:

$ ns wpan_demo2.tcl
num_nodes is set 7
INITIALIZE THE LIST xListHead

Traffic: ftp
Acknowledgement for data: on
invalid command name ""
    while executing
"$link errormodule $lossobj"
    (procedure "_o3" line 3)
    (Simulator lossmodel line 3)
    invoked from within
"_o3 lossmodel _o158 $node_(0) $node_(1)"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval $ns_ lossmodel $errmodel \$node_($src) \$node_($dst)"
    (procedure "seterrmodel" line 7)
    invoked from within
"seterrmodel 0 1"
    invoked from within
"if { "$val(traffic)" == "ftp" } {
   puts "\nTraffic: ftp"
   #Mac/802_15_4 wpanCmd ack4data off
   puts [format "Acknowledgement for data: %s" [Mac/8..."
    (file "wpan_demo2.tcl" line 231)

Could anyone give me any clue?

>Bruce Who wrote:
>
>>hi, Ahmad:
>>
>>======= 2006-03-31 23:40:43 Ahmad Khayyat wrote: =======
>>

>>>2) assoPermit means whether the node should permit other nodes to
>>>associate with it so that it becomes their coordinator. Look at the
>>>802.15.4-2003 standard for details.
>>>
>>>5) This is not how LossModel is used. Consult ns-manual for the correct
>>>usage. It still applies for wpan.
>>>

>>Thanks, I'll look into the document.
>>
>>And I have another question. This is a snippet from wpan_demo2.tr, I find
>>that all tcp packets sent out is always 7 bytes bigger than the received
>>packets. Why do they not have the same size? Then which one(97 or 90) is the
>>real size of the tcp packets?
>>
>>s 11.928192000 _0_ MAC  --- 255 tcp 97 [0 5 0 800] ------- [0:2 5:0 30 5]
>>[133 0] 0 0
>>s 11.931712033 _5_ MAC  --- 255 ACK 5 [0 0 5 0]
>>r 11.932064067 _0_ MAC  --- 255 ACK 5 [0 0 5 0]
>>r 11.932704033 _5_ MAC  --- 255 tcp 90 [0 5 0 800] ------- [0:2 5:0 30 5]
>>[133 0] 1 0

>>Best regards,
>>
>>        Bruce Who