From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ritwik Mitra
Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2006 7:07 AM
To: ns-users@ISI.EDU
Subject: [ns] Help required for ns2HCCA patch - setting TXOP value

Hi!

I am using the ns2HCCA patch to simulate ARROW scheduler using NS-2.27.
One thing is not clear to me, when calculating the txop of a stream,
should i use the minimum PHY rate specified in the TSPEC or should i
call
the mac getDataRate() function which returns the data rate of the
physical layer.

Suppose i want to set my TXOP according to the Queue Size of the
stations and den want to poll each station for that much time.
What should my txop be:

1. Poll_overhead+SIFS+ACK+SIFS+(Queue_Size/Min_PHY_rate)
2. Poll_overhead+SIFS+ACK+SIFS+(Queue_Size/mac_->getDataRate())

Also, does anyone know the difference between backlog_ and queue_size_
define in the oneflow.cc file. Both correspond to the queue_size but
what exactly is the difference between the two?

Eagerly waiting for a response.
Thanks in advance

          Ritwik Mitra
M.Sc. Computer Science
Department of Computer Science,
Delhi University

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low  PC-to-Phone call
rates.