From: Faisal Siddiqui [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: ns-users@isi.edu
Subject: Re: [ns] wireless ping broadcast questions

Hi Kathy,

Are you properly enabling/setting multicast protocol settings in your Tcl
script for the simulation? I think this error screams about that setting.

- Faisal

On 5/11/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

Hi,

I was messing around with the ping agent from Marc Greis' Tutorial, and
wanted to change the ping to a broadcast.  I added the IP header stuff as
I've seen elsewhere online,

hdr_ip *ip = hdr_ip::access(pkt);
        ip->daddr() = IP_BROADCAST;

and now I get this error:

-- Classfier::no-slot{} default handler (tcl/lib/ns-lib.tcl) ---
        _o996: no target for slot -1
        _o996 type: Classifier/Port
content dump:
classifier _o996
        0 offset
        0 shift
        2147483647 mask
        2 slots
                slot 0: _o1111 (Agent/Ping)
                slot 255: _o983 (Agent/DSDV)

I can't find out how to fix it and I don't know anything about Classifiers.
I realize that there was no port assigned to Ping, but how do I fix this?

My other question is, do I have to use an IP_Broadcast?  Can I just use a
MAC_BROADCAST?

Kathy