Hi,

I have some problem adding a new protocol to ns-2.29 on Ubuntu 5.10
(gcc 4.0.2) I would like to know if there is an extra step (not
included in Marc Greis tutorial) for add a new protocol.

First I tried with 'Ping' Marc Greis tutorial. As it didn't work, I
search on the web, and I changed the Header access. Finally the
compilation was OK, but when I try the TCL code "ns ping.tcl", I got a
"Segmentation Fault". I rechecked everything, and it look ok.

So I tried another way. I made a copy of the real Ping
(apps/ping.[cc,h]), and I renamed all "Ping" to "Pinga". Then, as the
Marc Greis tutorias says, I changed some ns source files, like:
     common/packet.h
     tcl/lib/ns-default.tcl
     tcl/lib/ns-packet.tcl
     Makefile.in
     "make depend" & "make"
It complies ok, but when I run the TCL code, I get a "Segmentation Fault"
With the the same Tcl code, when instead of "Agent/Pinga" I use
"Agent/Ping", it works perfectly.
And the protocol Ping and Pinga, it's identically (except the -a), and
I added all the Pinga new code in NS source code, as Marc G. tutorials
says.

I have comment some lines of Pinga.cc code, finally I saw that i dont
get the segmentation fault when I comment the line "send(pkt,0);" But
obviously, then it doesn't send anything.

Could you give me some idea,
or if i forget some change in the source code, that is not included in tutorial?
Thanks a lot.