well Robert, this helps! thank you very much for your valuable answer.

I have found something similar, but I used to think that it  looked like a
"trick". I sent the result to a tcl implemented function returning its
argument, something like:
proc return_result { result} {
 return result
}

then in my function defined in myAgent::command, I use :
tcl.evalf("return_result %ld", my_result);

and I notice that the result returned by the function defined in
myAgent::command is what I want! I am quite surprised that I cannot find
anyhing simpler.

Regards,

Gilles Bertrand