You might want to take a look at the Script "NS Simulator for Beginners"
  bei Eitan Altman and Tania Jimenez at
http://www-sop.inria.fr/mistral/personnel/Eitan.Altman/COURS-NS/n3.pdf

for a "User's Guide". If you want to spend time on improving
documentation I think this is where you should start.

greetings,
     Martina Umlauft