Hello everybody!
 I'm working with ns-2.29 on Mandriva 2006 and i'm working on a new protocol
implementation, following the tutorial "Implementing a New Manet Unicast
Routing Protocol in NS2" by Francisco Ros and Pedro Ruiz.
 At the paragraph 4.3.5 it shows the implementation of send_protoname_pkt()
function and it shows how to send a packet introducing some jitter. My question
is: why do they introduce jitter? Is it absolutely necessary? Could the packet
be sent without jitter and how? I know that jitter is the variation in time
between packets ariving..... isn't it more efficient to send packets at a
constant interval?
 Please someone explain this to me, it is VERY IMPORTANT. Thank you in advance!
 Regards, Alexandra

Alexandra Cioroianu