I am not sure if you included the ns-users list in copy of your interesting
comments. I therefore forward it, for security.

Gilles

2006/6/26, Nicholas Loulloudes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello Gilles,
>
> thank you for the response and help. It has been clear enough to help me
> understand.
>
> I found out also that if i surround the variable name only in curly
> brackets i can tell TCL what is the exact name of the variable.
>
> for instance i could have : $Appl_udp_${src}_${flowid}.
>
> Doing this allows you to clearly specify the exact name of the variable
> you are interested. But a problem arised if you try now to compile the tcl
> file. The compiler will report an error saying that $Appl_udp_ is not a
> variable.
>
> In order to overcome this someone can use the following [set
> Appl_udp_${src}_${flowid}].

You could use expr instead of set. The logic is the same.

I just made a comment on the above solution in case someone in the future

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen, with kind regards, cordialement,

Gilles BERTRAND
Telecom INT - University of Stuttgart