This sounds like you haven't installed nam properly. Make sure you have added
the path to the nam binary to your shell variable $PATH (I am presuming you
are using Linux and bash as you didn't specify) using the following :

export $PATH="$PATH:/path/to/nam/binary"

Note : this will have to be done every time you start a new terminal as it
only lasts as long as that particular session. To make it perminent, you will
have to enter this line into either your .bashrc or .bash_profile (or
similar)

Matt