> I want to make a very specific question if someone knows it. I want the
> specific point
> in the code where a route is assigned to a specific packet.

What type of network are you simulating, wired or wireless? What
routing protocol options have you set?

In the wired case, you probably haven't set any options, and so
pre-computed static routes are generated by the simulator at startup.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think that these routes are computed on a
hop-by-hop basis; i.e. for any destination, each node knows the next
hop to forward a packet to. So, are you asking where in the code this
next hop is determined?

In the wireless case, there are a number of protocols for building
routes in ad-hoc networks. They operate in a number of different ways,
some on a hop-by-hop basis (as in the wired case, but with dynamic
routes), and some on a source-routed basis (where the packet
originator determines the path that the packet should take). Your
question could have two different meanings in this context.

So, what are you looking for?

Phil Miller