Hi there

please have a look at the info at this site
ns2 for the impatient

http://icapeople.epfl.ch/iaad/teaching/ns/ns.html

It has examples on how how to calculate and display the throuput of 802.11
network and also how to set the different data rates

I hope this helps

> Hi,
>
>           I am trying to build a simple two node transmission set up in
> ns-2. I want to change the packet loss rates (say 0.1, 0.2, 0.3
> ......0.9 etc.) and data rates (1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps etc.) and want to see
> the
> corresponding data rate throughput of the two node system. Later I want
> to tabulate these accordingly in order to see the throughput
> variations. I was just wondering if anyone could help me regarding such a
> set up
> as to how I can vary both packet loss rates and data rates.......
>
>   Thanks in advance
>
>   Manish
>   Ph.D.c
>   Electrical Engg.
>   ODU, Norfolk, VA

>  Everyone is raving about the  all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Kind regards

Qasim Raza Iqbal
PhD Candidate,
ACNRG Lab N504,  Office N505
Adaptive Communications Networks Research Group,
School of Engineering And Applied Science
Aston University
Birmingham  B4 7ET
United Kingdom
http://www.ee.aston.ac.uk/research/acrg/index.html