Hi All,
I think that the architecture of a mobilenode is not suitable for
802.16networks (mode PMP & Mesh). In fact , in networks such as
802.11 , when high layers have to send Data, they pass it to LL which in
turn passes it to IFq and then to MAC (through PHY). When a packet is
transmitted , another is sent to MAC and so on.
However for 802.16 networks, the mac layer must take knowledge of the amount
of data to be transmitted from higher layers in order to try to reserve
enough radio ressources (minislots) to make the transmission.
If we want to simulate 802.16 nets under ns-2, we must extend IFq with
procedures that cuold notify the mac layer of the size of the new data it
receives.Also the IFq must manage different queues corresponding to
different classes of service. Am I right ?
Another possible scenario, is that these queues are implemented in the
802.16 mac layer. This way all relevant tasks become easier. What is your
opinion about this scenario?
Could you help to make the best choice. If you have other suggestions they
are welcome.
Thanks a lot
Ramzi TKA