On 8/29/06, Sally Floyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > As I understand these directories contain a reference / standard
> > output as *should* be produced from the tests. But how are these files
> > generated in the first place?
>
> The files are generated the first time the test is run, assuming that
> the
> validation test uses the standard format of the "test-all-???" files
> in tcl/test.  That is, the validation test uses "test-all-template1".

But how do we know that the first test itself produced the correct traces?
I think I should rephrase my question: - are these test suites meant
to validate the implementation of the protocol itself - or are they to
ensure that the same trace output is generated on different platforms?

Thanks for your reply.
Regards
Abhijeet