ns2> grep "reset-state" */*.cc

this function is defined in diffusion/diffusion.cc , flodding.cc and
omni-cast.cc

> After that, to put a node to sleep, mix the commands 'on' and 'off' in
> the scenery model, e.g:
> $ns_ at 3.0 "$node_(0) off"
> $ns_ at 10.0 "$node_(0) on"
>
> Also, the Energy Model must be enabled to use that, i.e, put above line
> in node configuration:
> -energyModel EnergyModel
>

> Best Regards,
> Julian
> p.s. How do I submit this patch to the NS2 tree?

An excellent question indeed.
Short answer:
   diff -C3 "original file" "modified file" > idle.patch

persons are able to apply your patch using
   cat idle.patch | patch

longer answer:
   check step 7 of
http://tagus.inesc-id.pt/~pestrela/ns2/ns2_debugging3.html

if you have more questions please ask; however, please submit your patch
only after you are sure what is that "reset-state" code about!

Pedro Vale Estrela