Hello,

I have a few questions concerning IEEE 802.11 simulation using NS :

First, the 914 Mhz Lucent WaveLAN DSSS radio interface exists in NS. All the
examples simulating this technology use the Mac/802_11 Class, but IEEE
802.11 is not implemented in the 914MHz Lucent WaveLAN. Is this a problem ?
If I intend to simulate the IEEE 802.11 Lucent WaveLAN, what should I define
(new Classes or simply change the values of CPThresh_, CSThresh_, RXThresh_,
Rb_ , Pt_ , freq_ , L_ .... what should the new values be ?)

Why is NS not fully appropriate to simulate the real behavior of a 802.11
network ? Probably because of the propagation model itself, but is it the
only reason ?

Best regards
Alex