Hi there,
This is another fine post to the ns-users mailing list.
Good subject, good question overall == totally in line with

the problem is that you are putting the loss-model in all 3 links;
I report exactly the same tracea and NAM problems.

Instead, Try this:

#$ns link-lossmodel $em $n(0) $n(1)
$ns link-lossmodel $em $n(1) $n(2)
#$ns link-lossmodel $em $n(2) $n(3)