Hi,
I'm running wireless 802.11 simulations in ns-allinone-2.29 and I'm having
some problems tracing the errors. When I insert an error model in my tcl
script I cannot see any dropped packet in the resulting trace file. I
inserted an uniform error model with rate 0.2 (20% of the packets should
have errors) using the option incomingErrProc in node-config.

I've checked the c++ code that models the errors and I've seen that it
doesn't drop the packets, it only marks the packets with the error flag
(line 193 of errmodel.cc). Then the mac layer checks if there is an error
(line 544 of mac-802_11.cc) and if there is any error calls the function
Packet::free(p). This Packet::free function (line 362 of packet.h) has no
code, it does nothing.
How can I then trace the packets that contain errors? Should I change the
c++ code of the function Packet::free() in order to be able to trace these
packets? Is there a more simple way to trace them?

Thanks,

Guillermo