hi Wajid,

> wajid wanted us to know:
>        I want to exclude the droped packet from trace file because I used
> traffic source rate equal to channel rate i.e 11Mbps and it creates lot of
> droped packets which increase the trace file size, and i am running
> simulation for 1 to  40 stations and it has exceeded the size of the hard
> disk,
>  Any suggestions ?
>  thanks in advance
>  wajid

Chapter 25 in "The ns Manual" handles with trace issue. Maybe you can
use "create-trace", "drop-trace", "trace-queue" etc.. instead of
"trace-all".

Here create-trace allows to define src and dst nodes that are to be
traces. With type and optional:op you can further reduce the size of
trace. I didn't find quickly how to set <optional:op> value though.
Maybe someone on this list can help.

Furthermore, "NS simulator for beginners" describes how to reduce size
of trace files with gawk, perl, grep etc. under unix-based operating
systems.

Good luck.

Regards,

--