Elena,

if I understood your problem, you cannot run ns from any
location of
your file system. If that's right, check that the ns
executable, or a link
to it is present in any of the folders listed in
your PATH. To visualize
the list of folders in the PATH, type 'echo
$PATH'.

If you need further help, remember to provide more information
(commands run, error messages received, etc.).

bye,

Marco