Thanks you so much, Larry. But during ./configure in xgraph-12.1 directory
(or with top-level install script), it reports

checking for X... (cached) libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers=
 /usr/X11R6/include

At the end, it quips

creating Makefile
creating autoconf.h
autoconf.h is unchanged

And yet when I run make, it errors out. I have tried after including the
above Xdevelopment headers and libraries in PATH, but the issue persists.
Could you please suggest a solution?

Thanks a lot,
Debarshi