Hi Matthias,

My simulation settings are:

set val(chan)               Channel/WirelessChannel
set val(prop)               Propagation/TwoRayGround
set val(netif)              Phy/WirelessPhy
set val(mac)                Mac/802_11
set val(ifq)                Queue/DropTail/PriQueue
set val(ifqlen)             50
set val(ll)                 LL
set val(ant)                Antenna/OmniAntenna
set val(adhocRouting)       AODV
set opt(energymodel)        EnergyModel
set opt(initialenergy)      1000
set opt(idlepower)          1.0
set opt(rxpower)            1.0
set opt(txpower)            1.0
set opt(sleeppower)         0.001
set opt(transitionpower)    0.2
set opt(transitiontime)     0.005

$ns_ node-config -adhocRouting $val(adhocRouting) \
                  -llType $val(ll) \
                  -macType $val(mac) \
                  -ifqType $val(ifq) \
                  -ifqLen $val(ifqlen) \
                  -antType $val(ant) \
                  -propType $val(prop) \
                  -phyType $val(netif) \
                  -topoInstance $topo \
                  -agentTrace ON \
                  -routerTrace ON \
                  -macTrace ON \
                  -channel $chan_6_ \
                  -numif 1 \
                  -energyModel $opt(energymodel) \
                  -idlePower $opt(idlepower) \
                  -rxPower $opt(rxpower) \
                  -txPower $opt(txpower) \
                  -sleepPower $opt(sleeppower) \
                  -transitionPower $opt(transitionpower) \
                  -transitionTime $opt(transitiontime) \
                  -initialEnergy $opt(initialenergy)

The first question I am trying to answer is how long can the network
survive before all available energy is expended.

Then I want to extend the simulation, so that:

* Energy can be recharged
* Nodes stop once their energy is expended. No more transmissions are
allowed, etc.

Then I can see how the network might reform itself around "dead zones",
etc. before moving on (possibly) to some of the energy aware routing
enhancements.

Richard