thanks guys.
is this possible to provide some fixed hopping node or routng path in mobile
network. and what happened if the node which is out of range want to send
packets through base station. let n3 out of range bs is base station and signal
reached to n3 from bs through n2. but if n2 want to communicate n1 any other
node which path signal follow now.
1. signal goes to bs through n2 and then from bs to b1
or
2. signal goes to n1 from n3 directly if its in range
or
3. signal goes to n1 from n3 through hopping at node n2.

can u please tell me how to implement patch for routing.
thanks guy for help.

One way to introduce multihop is to increase the distance between each
node to be 250m, as the default trasnmission range for each node is set to
be 250m, alternatively you can decrease the transmit power for each node,
thus if you have 3 nodes (a,b & c), and you want to transmit from a to  c,
then if you set less transmit power e.g. 40m for each node. You will
observe message reaching c via b.
Alternatively you can introduce NOAH routing  protocol, this allows you to
create a multihop scenario within the requred nodes (you will need to
download the patch and install NOAH.
I hope this helps

Kind regards

Qasim Raza Iqbal
PhD Candidate,
ACNRG Lab N504,  Office N505
Adaptive Communications Networks Research Group,
School of Engineering And Applied Science
Aston University
Birmingham  B4 7ET
United Kingdom
http://www.ee.aston.ac.uk/research/acrg/index.html

Make sure that transmission range is less than inter-node distance.
You can see the archives on how to set the transmission range. In the
process, you will also require to use the program:
ns-2.30/indep-utils/propagation/threshold

Tarun

On 8 Feb 2007 16:46:17 -0000, harpreet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>   I am a beginner in NS. I am trying to simulate multihopping in a
> linear network on n nodes where the source is node1 and destination is
> node-n.
> I am using DSR as the routing protocol.But instead of multi hopping
> node 1 is directly sending packets to node n.
> How can I make node 1 transmit to node n by by hopping through all the
> intermediate nodes?
>

> harpreet singh

harpreet singh