From: Shaili Desai [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 February 2007 05:55
To: David Bath
Subject: Re: [ns] new wireless trace format

You need the command $ns_ use-newtrace and that will get you new format.

Hope this helps!

On 2/24/07, David Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi list,

Try as I might, I can't get my wireless traces to spit out in new
format.  I'm using nsclick (compiled with ns2 version 2.3) and it seems
to otherwise be performing fine.

However, when I try the well-documented:

set ns_ [new Simulator]

set tracefd [open "<filename>" w]
$ns_ use-newtrace
$ns_ trace-all $tracefd

The output resolutely comes out in old format.

I've also tried setting:

Simulator set WirelessNewTrace_ 1  (as seems to be in the ns-lib.tcl)

And

Simulator set newTraceFormat_ 1 (as seems to be indicated in
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/doc/node185.html)

But no joy.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Best Regards,