Hi, I have a line in my current simulator, as follows:

umtsQueue *temp2 = new umtsQueue

where the class umtsQueue is stand-alone code that implements a queue in
my RLC object. The creation of the umtsQueue objects occurs in the
constructor of the RLC.

I however wish to extend the RLC so that it can have different types of
queue, so I adapted the code of umtsQueue to become a child class of
Queue, which changes the queue object creation code in my RLC
constructor to:

Queue *temp2 = new umtsQueue

This is where my problems start. Whenever I run my simulator I get
multiple warnings that that the class variables of Queue (those that set
using "bind") are not being set in the class of my RLC object. If I put
the creation of the queue objects in another class constructor then the
warnings relate to that particular class. This causes the problem that
the Queue/umtsQueue objects do not have these variables set and the code
segments at the constructor of the Queue class (at the check to see if
util_records_ > 0).

Am I doing something stupid? I thought when a child class is created it
inherits the functionality of its parent and should not effect the class
in which it is created. Is this because I am creating the objects from
C++ (using new) and not from Tcl? If so, is there a way to create the
queue object in Tcl via C++? If this isnt the case, does anyone have any
ideas what could be wrong?

cheers in advance,

Neill

Neill Whillans
Advanced Signal Processing Engineer
Twente Institute for Wireless and Mobile Communications (WMC)
The Netherlands
http://www.ti-wmc.nl