Hello Ahmad,

Ahmad Khayyat wrote:
> Try installing xorg-dev.
> It will pull down a lot of X development dependencies.

Thanks for the hint, that basically did the trick.

I didn't want to cluster my machine with tons of possibly unnecessary
dev-packages (xorg-dev is a meta-package), however, so I did some more
digging into the (un-)successful configure outputs. It came to notice that
apparently I was also missing a file called "Intrinsic.h" which is part of
the `libxt-dev' package in Ubuntu. This package only pulled in another 3
dependent packages on my system.

Still the whole issue is somewhat strange as I am able to compile ns-2
without "Intrinsic.h" by tweaking the install-script just a little bit.
Don't know if this is the way it's supposed to be, but hey, at least it's
working out-of-the-box now.

Cheers,

--Timo