Hi
I've done this kind of stuff many times in the past
http://tagus.inesc-id.pt/~pestrela/ns2/ns2_beginners.html#_Toc128325750

I guess that you did not cloned ALL references from RED to MY_RED.

Do this to find all references to red:
ns> grep -d recurse -I "red"

failing that, add breakpoints in DDD to check what parts of the code are
actually being executed in the simulation; you'll be surprised if packets
are dropped before your code, before your red classifier is invoked.

Pedro Vale Estrela