Hi all !

I have to analyze the capacity and te performances of the 1090 MHz channel
used by airplanes' transponders to transmit/receive air traffic surveillance
services (such like ADS-B and TIS-B).
ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast) is a surveillance service
that is broadcasted from the airplanes' transponders to other aircrafts in a
specific area or to ground stations.
TIS-B (Traffic Information Service Broadcast) is a surveillance service that
is broadcasted from the ground station to all the aircrafts in a specific
range.

- Could anyone help me to start this work?
- What particular aspects have I to study and describe for this
analysis? Which are the steps I have to follow to do this?
- I have to simulate the transmission of both services using ns-2
Does an implementation of the 1090 MHz standards for ns-2 already exist?

Thank you all !

Greetings

Daniel